Minimize food waste
Many sustainability issues are about achieving closed circles. Prevention of food waste is a key issue for the food industry. The challenge is to minimise downstream food waste, at point of sale – retail and food service – and by the consumer. For remaining waste, effective valorisation should be developed and packaging materials should also become circular in (re)use.
- Identify long-term potential of wasteprevention technologies and develop proofs of concepts for most-promising technologies
- Processing for shelf-life extension
- Fermentation for ‘recycling’ of unsold products and by-products into food
- Develop proofs of concepts for feedstock flexibility in food processing and related B2B acceptance of side streams
- Develop proofs of concepts and business cases for logistical optimisation solutions
- Collecting and distributing of side streams and overripe products
- Optimised buying algorithms for retail and food service
- Social-innovation model: how to enable consumers to avoid food waste as much as possible and accept less-standardised food products?
- Post-consumer packaging recycling
- Reduction of spoilage in fresh and chilled products
- Sustainable packages
+31 6 22 41 07 61