Nutrient balance and attractive food
In general, consumers often know the characteristics of healthy food. However, creating a healthy daily diet is a challenge, as many consumers do not have the specific knowledge needed to make well-informed choices.
The challenge is to develop a methodology that makes healthy choices easier, and improves consumer appreciation, based on the Nutrient Balance Concept, a new quality metric that reflects the overall nutritional quality of foodstuffs, diets and meal plans. This methodology facilitates communication between manufacturers and consumers, and helps to make the healthy choice the easy choice.
- Improve the scientific robustness of the Nutrient Balance Concept (NBC) tool
- Develop tool and demonstrate effectiveness in guiding consumers towards healthy choices
- Link the NBC tool to sustainability (SHARP)
- Stimulate industry consensus for use
- Anabolic properties of plant-based proteins
- Dynamics of texture and taste perception
- Predictive models for long-term liking of foods
Phone: +31 6 11587565